View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 AM

Default How do I connect external effects to a Digi-002R via S/PDIF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntManBee View Post
I'd like to connect my Lexicon PCM-91 to my Digi-002 via the S/PDIF digital ports as a send/receive. I've bought a pair of 75ohm RCA cables but am having trouble doing the set-up.

The 002R Guide (page 531) says I should go to Setup>Playback Engine and "choose the peripheral", but there are no periperals on that page to select. Nor is the option mentioned for deselecting mirroring available.

And the S/PDIF option is not available in the Output section of the I/O options.

Would someone who knows how be kind enough to walk me through the set-up?

Thanks, Matt
What exact document are you reading? What version of Pro Tools?

What you are saying the documentation says makes no sense, in Setup>Playback Engine you select the 002 as the interface. That shows up as an option right?

If the digital IO available for the 002 you expect is not showing up hit the default button on each page in the Setup>IO dialog.

Beyond that its just a matter of making sure you connect the 002 S/PDIF output to the fx box S/PDIF input and visa versa, that both devices (your Pro Tools session and the FX box) have the same sample rate and that one device is set up to use the other for clocking.

This is covered in the "002 and 002 Rack Getting Started Guide" in a small section titled "To set up a send to an external digital effects device (digital sends/returns only):" You can search for that in the PDF.