View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 10:46 PM

Default Re: How does LE compares to Nuendo or Cubase?

But for some reason the guy above is still in the DUC forum. Something must be working, no?

I could type a really long explanation about why I like Pro Tools, but simply said, my studio consists of a Digi001, Reason/Recycle/Rebirth, several Akai sample CDs (all converted to Reason format via Reload), a pair of Mackie HR824 monitors, headphones, and a midi controller. I love my setup and wouldn't go back to Cubase SX for anything!

Cubase has always had some advantages over everything else, but it's also one of those apps that most people can't stop yelling at! It's like a 50/50 shot as to whether it's gonna work the way you need it to, or are the [tons] bugs going to stop you. If the bugs get in the way, look out, because it's no secret that Steinberg has horrible customer service, is very slooppy, and makes life painful for customers. Not to mention, Nuendo 1.0 thru 1.6 was probably the best product and effort Steinberg ever made to consumers. Afterwards, Cubase SX 1.0 comes out, they delay the release of Nuendo for an extra year (and piss off a bunch of people), SX 1.0 has tons of bugs, so they scramble to fix it, finally they release Nuendo 2.0 and make all those people [somewhat] happy until those Nuendo 2.0 customers find out Cubase SX 2.0 is coming and will have features that Nuendo 2.0 will not have. Now, I realize they are two seperate products, but Steinberg charges $1299 for Nuendo and they advertise it as their flagship product. One of the great hypes of N2.0 was all the wonderful midi features of SX will be in there.

Talk about bad business practice!

Anyway, yeah, Pro Tools, love it!

Regards,
Mark