View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Error PoP Up I've never seen before

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I know ,I know . Not to sound like a d$%k but I learned everything about trashing pref a long long time ago . I don't need people letting me know the benefits of trashing pref . or how , or why. Just this error I keep getting ! Has anyone else seen something similar ? Anyone who's not a noob trying to teach me about trashing pref. Somebody that can assume that I understand all of that and am just looking for someone who has seen this specific error that I keep getting . Thanks

First of all, you never specified that you DID trash Prefs and Databases, so we have to make sure you are going through the motions before inquiring about uncommon errors.

Second, you also never said that this error was happening frequently or continuously, you made it seem it only happened the one time, and you want to know why. You specifically said, "I don't want to move on, I want to know why."

Finally, we can't help you if you don't help us. We have to ask the basic questions if we don't know whether or not you know about them, or have done anything about it.

You still haven't said whether or not you've tried any basic troubleshooting. Have you tried trashing prefs and databases yet? Run permissions repair? What version of Pro Tools are you using? Version of OSX? Type of Mac?

You can't post a random assertion error and expect there to just be a one time fix-all answer... We are trying to help you, but asking "why?" isn't going to fix the problem, but asking "How?" will. Give us some specs, make sure you've performed basic troubleshooting, and we will help you as best we can.

Cheers.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515