View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:06 AM

Default Re: "The avid video engine was unable to stop" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
I think that's 2 issues in one.
The ISIS thing about recording audio and seeing garbled picture, I have never seen that in a my non ISIS system. Will ask my chums at AETN UK who have an ISIS
Indeed Mike, itīs one of those cases where an AVID proposed solution has itīs own pitfalls.

We have an ISIS system connected by gigabit lan to each PT client (as typical on Isis). If weīre printing stem tracks inDPE we get frequent stops with error (AAE 9171), as well as the "Protools transport or AVID video wasnīt able to stop" messages.

So we now use quick punch instead, but get frequent garbled video ramdomly. So we need to keep stoping and punching in, end up with a lot of printed files that in the end need to be consolidated.

We have now switched from a Blackmagic PCIe card (Intensity Pro) to an AJA XT I/O desktop unit. Itīs the same. The major diference here is that the AJA has less latency.

Personally I think itīs a bandwidth issue on the network between PT and Isis.
And as we use DNxHD at 120 bitrate, it doesnīt help, but it was sold as a workable solution by AVID. Why should we spend time converting or transcoding video to lower bitrates to be used as reference in post, if weīre using an oficial supported codec?

Looking forward to hear what your colleagues experiences are when you have the time. Thanks.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3