View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 07:17 AM

Default Re: When to let it go????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
My advise is make it as good as you can within a reasonable timeframe and let it go. We do this with big artist tracks as no one is gonna solo a track and will never hear what you arE describing. You should hear some of the track stems we get from the highest paid producers and I say that as apposed to ”the best” as i dont agree with that and these stems sound like crap when solo’d and listened to in small batches. I am talking billboard top 20 songs and top 3 aswell so dont worry as long as those artifacts doesn’t come out in the final mix. All IMHO of course

Funny you should say that, Christopher. A while back I downloaded some stems from some fairly well known artists that were made available for remixing. I was, shall we say, less than impressed, with the mediocre quality of some of the individual tracks, especially the synths. I found many of the patches to be just plain bad. BUT, when you listen to the full, pro-mix...the one that was on the radio and sold on iTunes etc, it still sounds great. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.