View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Mac OS 10.8 unable to finder search Isis volumes

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear. These Pro Tools Mac computers have the ISIS clients installed and can mount the ISIS volumes we have designated for Pro Tools. My delema is that appearently starting with Apple OS 10.7, Finder/Spotlight no longer will search a network attached drive. I can use the workspace function in Pro Tools to search all storage attached. However when you drag a file from Workspace to a Pro Tools session, The file will be "referred to" in it's original location.

We like to work with the Import Audio command. Then do a search using the finder window on the top right. Then after selecting a SFX file from the many hundreds we choose copy. That way the file is copied and nested with the rest of the audio in the Audio files folder of same project. We are then able to archive projects with all associated audio.

With OS 10.8, I do not get any results from networked volumes when I do a search. This is new to me as we were on OS 10.6 until a week ago and did not have this problem.

Has anyone found a fix for this Apple OS Flaw?

Thanks
Tom Lewis