View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 09:17 AM

Default License for PT MP8

HI, Thanks in advance for all your help.
Yes, my system is old. I prefer it that way because it is very stable and reliable. I don't make any money doing this, I do it purely for the love of it and my PT MP software and plugins work great for what I do.
I read in an older thread that if you have the original card that comes with the box you can send that card in with the information needed and receive a license for PT MP 8. What can I do if I only have an authorization code from when I reconnected with Avid. For whatever reason none of my passwords worked when I tried to reopen my account. So I was given an authorization code and I just recently found the Reg # that I registered with iLok for my PT MP 7 software and the S/N. Will any of this information get the license I seek?

I run Windows XP SP3, with a XEON X3360 quad core
PT MP 7.4cs10 with Pro fire 2626 is my interface

I find now that I have a need for more tracks hence the reason for wanting to move to PT MP 8.
I understand there could be some challenges, because everyone is moved on to bigger better and Grander.
It was suggested that I should consider abandoning this because the newer iLok manager may not be compatible. I did however research iLok and they have legacy iLok manager support for my system.
Thanks again for your time patience, consideration and hopefully a quick favorable solution!