View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I can't fathom what the P-heads were thinking with this one. For years they had a very stable, self-contained program with many great features. Then with 9.5 onwards, they've had nothing but issues. Why they couldn't allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode still baffles me. It can't be that hard to pull off. Reaper handles it very well. That issue, I believe, prevented many people from jumping on 10...yourself, included. Now with 11, they have all this promise of making Reason available as a plugin...only VST3 and AU, and no thought of AAX? Its almost like they don't want PT users using Reason.

I suspect there would be many, many PT users who would upgrade to 11 immediately if it was AAX AND if they allowed VST hosting of the rack while in PT. I sure would! Until then...nope!
Same here my friend no matter how good of a sale they come up with.

One reason (sorry for the bad pun) that was put out there for not being able to handle vst's in slave mode was somehow due to using Rewire. If that was indeed true and with Rewire now being gone down the mists of time what is their excuse now? Blue Cat can do it with Patchwork in both standalone and as a plugin in one's daw of choice so why not the formerly Propheads? Maybe they just don't have the programming chops the small shop that BC has.

At least they didn't promise us aax support and drop it like Waves did for PT's dsp cards

QAPLA!