View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I took a look over in the Reasontalk forum and someone asked about R11 and PT and it was crickets. And you still can't load third party stuff in the rack when in another daw except as RE's. From my reading of the tea leaves the latter issue will never be properly taken care of. As to R11 aax format - the future is cloudy but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This whole thing is sad because I was looking forward to updating from R8.3 and not mucking about with Rewire. On the Mac side I've been hearing of issues with delay compensation when running inside Patchwork using the original vst3 of R11.

I can't fathom what the P-heads were thinking with this one. For years they had a very stable, self-contained program with many great features. Then with 9.5 onwards, they've had nothing but issues. Why they couldn't allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode still baffles me. It can't be that hard to pull off. Reaper handles it very well. That issue, I believe, prevented many people from jumping on 10...yourself, included. Now with 11, they have all this promise of making Reason available as a plugin...only VST3 and AU, and no thought of AAX? Its almost like they don't want PT users using Reason.

I suspect there would be many, many PT users who would upgrade to 11 immediately if it was AAX AND if they allowed VST hosting of the rack while in PT. I sure would! Until then...nope!