View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8 - Keeps on crashing. A lot of information has been provided.

Hi Matt. I'm (in some weird, but hopefully non-offensive way) relieved to see i'm not the only one having this problem.

My crashes happen exactly how you describe them (especially that last bit about going to text edit and then when going back to pro tools it has gone to not responding). Except that i don't have this problem with having to disconnect the hard drive, etc. I can just reopen pro-tools and everything is fine. Sometimes it says my hardware is in use and then i have to restart the computer, but usually it's fine to just re-open pro tools.

It seems to me that this problem has something to do with buffer-overload. As it happens more frequently if i've got a lot going on. But still, that makes it pretty weird that it goes not responding just by writing something into text edit while PT isn't even playing.

I'm on PT8.0.3 and Snow leopard. Digi002. Same settings and same computer except i've got 3gb RAM.

Please let me know if you have any luck.