Thread: New Licensing
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:10 PM

Default Re: New Licensing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
i.e. is $199 the new upgrade cost?
I didn't get that impression.

They way I understood it, the $199 is a LIMITED TIME ONLY upgrade for all previous owners until December 20, 2014. After that if you want to upgrade you will have to buy into a whole new version at $899.

Surely those of us already using Protools 11 should either get a reduced upgrade fee like $99, or some other loyalty incentive like a free plugin or something.

It's also not clear on what happens if you are covered by AUP and they deposit a new asset into you iLok account when a new major version gets released. Are those new assets going to be bundled with the previous version so you can continue to work while you test the new version and make sure it is stable enough to use everyday? Or is it a complete change over and then you might be screwed if something isn't compatible with your system.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One