Thread: New Licensing
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Default Re: New Licensing

So, it's like WUP...but for Avid....AUP...

Those of us already using Protools 11 have to buy into the new model to get new features. Which I guess is ok. As long as Avid releases something worthwhile every year. If they only release new features every three or four years while still charging for the upgrade subscription, then it because less worthy. Still lame IMO.
Quote:
Q. I’m already using Pro Tools 11. Do I get the new support plan and one year of upgrades?
A. The one-year Standard Avid Support plan for Pro Tools, which includes updates and upgrades, is only included with new Pro Tools | Software with support plan purchases and Pro Tools upgrades/crossgrades. If you already own Pro Tools 11, you can still take advantage of getting support and all upgrades/updates—including the cloud collaboration features—for a full year by purchasing the $199 (Pro Tools) or $599 (Pro Tools | HD) upgrade package. And if you upgrade by December 20, 2014 and activate your software by December 31, 2014, we’ll extend your support/upgrade benefits through March 31, 2016.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One