View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default Re: PT 6.4.1 failure with Mix core + AMD X2 4400+

Quote:
1. Why is it specified "Windows" on my disc if it works on both OS ?
The $35 offer on the DigiStore is for either the Mac or Windows CD, and you purchased the Windows CD. But you can download the installer for Mac or Windows.
Quote:
2. I don't know anything about Mac. Is the OS X 10.3 the last version of the OS compatible with a G4? I guess the older versions are compatible too with the 24 MIX ?
Pro Tools 6.4.1 for MIX systems is the last version for MIX, and requires Mac OS X 10.3 or Windows XP:
www.digidesign.com/compato/osx/mix
www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/mix

Although Mac OS X 10.3.4 was the only version qualified with 6.4.1 for MIX systems, you can reasonably go as high as Mac OS X 10.3.8.

But you should avoid 10.3.9 with Pro Tools systems on Mac OS X, which was a "bridge" release adding support in 10.3 for some Mac OS X 10.4 applications.

Quote:
3. Could you tell me if in my case, the problem is due to the SIS or is there some feedback from users that use an AMD X2 CPU reporting some incompatibilities with that kind of CPU ? I mean if I'd change for example my Asus motherboard do you think I could use my dual core with the 24 MIX ?
I don't know exactly which board to recommend (other users here may be able to help), but if you change your motherboard to one without the SIS chipset, you would have a much better chance of getting it to work.
SIS chipsets have never been qualified with any Pro Tools system:

http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/mix/min.cfm
Known Issues - Computers & Components
Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets cause system failures with Pro Tools systems