Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
So you say "leave the other ports also" - there isn't room for them! By your logic, every legacy port in existence can never go away.
How factitious is that? optical drive is still in used today by a lot of people, it's no where legacy, and obviously I'm talking here of Ethernet and Firewire.. wait didn't I write that specifically in my previous post? Yes I did.

I guess this thing about miniaturization and the distant future for you is the exact same thing as a deer staying in the middle of the road at night....... kidding. But really we can go round and round and round arguing about this, but the real test is already ongoing and it's the market, with apples 9.3 percent world wide market share for computers sales (17% if you include the ipads and laptop), they do not have the weight to force the transition, when the vast majority of users on the planet are using other alternatives that does not cost them a couple of fingers. That is why the adoption of Thunderbolt is slow, because the market share is simply not there.

Wave-T.com