View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:07 PM

Default Re: 2018.x on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Risberg View Post
citation cut down:

Amazing! Not my story at all.
What's your secret? I might have to hire you or your IT technician to put your hands my my system for a couple of hours. :)

I know, it is weird how some systems have no problems and some have heaps of problems. My machine is old and not even supported!

My system was originally set up with Yosemite and Pro tools HD12.0 by a very knowledgeable and meticulous friend who has since passed on (he was Buccanears here on the DUC).

I've tried to be fairly careful with how I manage it now but I'm not nearly as meticulous as my friend was so I figure part of my stability is just dumb luck!

One thing I do which might help others;

I always have the pro tools System Usage window open so that when I launch pro tools it comes up before I open a session.

If the CPU usage shows 0% then I just open a session and start working.

From time to time the CPU usage will go to 100% when I launch pro tools and then I know that if I continue, and open a session, I will get errors (usually AVE errors).

So I just quit pro tools and launch again until the CPU usage shows 0%.
Then I can open a session and everything will be stable.

I suspect I have a problematic plug in but I haven't been able to find it and the workaround I refer to above works fine for me.
5,1 Mac Pro, 3.46 GHz Six Core Xeon, 48gb ram, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6, HD Native card, Avid 192io interface, Avid 96io, Intensity Pro video card, Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7.