View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: From PT9 to 10,11,12 academic upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husmas View Post
Hi

I just bought a new macbook pro which came with Sierra.
So now I have to buy a new license, since pt9 isn't supported on sierra.

Turns out I have a few questions:

Is it possible to buy an upgrade for "teacher/student academic" and use it to upgrade my existing Pro Tools 9 completely regular, non-academic install?

Also, since moving from 9 to 11 or 12 will kill all of my old rtas plugins, is it possible to continue to use my old pt9 version on my old computer, and a new 11 or 12 version on my new machine. Or, will upgrading my license remove my ability to use anything below 10,11 or 12?

Thanks!
Hi Husmas,
For now, to be able to run Pro Tools 9, you can do a dual boot system on your Mac running a supported OS with PT Version 9 on one drive and the other drive running your current OS version.

To upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 12 for Education, you must be a current student or teacher and own one of the following Pro Tools licenses, which will need to be surrendered upon activation:
  • Pro Tools Academic 9, 10, or 11
  • Pro Tools Express bundled with Pro Tools | Mbox, Fast Track Solo, or Fast Track Duo interfaces only (InMusic versions of Pro Tools Express are not eligible)
  • Pro Tools M-Powered 6–8 or MP 9
Academic eligibility

To activate this upgrade, you must be a current student or teacher and will be asked to verify your eligibility after purchasing. You must also own one of the Pro Tools licenses above. You will receive a serial number to use your software—upon approval—after submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid.