View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Default Re: 2016 Letter to AVID from PTHD user

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
IMHO, It certainly doesn't appear that Avid is doing anything for HD users even though they've rolled out the standard "coming soon" in response to requests for new HD features.

Until they actually produce something tangible, I'm locked at PTHD11 & my wallet is closed.

I will have saved the extra cost of buying back in to a new version by not paying subscription fees for PT12, which offers me no extra value.

I do agree that it would be good for all of us (including Avid) if they got their s@#t together.

I hope they read and take notice of your well written letter.
Thanks for the kind words, I hope they read it too. I can genuinely understand why you've stayed on 11HD. Aside from rendering our HDX hardware non-functional, we'd be happy to be on Vanilla 12 at this point.

For many HD users, it's come down to whether they believe $1000 is worth:

-bug fixes, that may or may not materialize, for PT 11HD
-track commit, and track freeze
-use of some new plugins (Pro Compressor, Pro Limiter, etc.)
-cloud collaboration functionality
-continued compatibility of HDX hardware w/ latest version of PT
-readily available telephone tech support

Many HD license holders don't believe it's worth it.

I wonder what would happen though, if they offered PTHD for $33.25 a month, included a useable amount of cloud storage, all the bonus plugins, tech support, no requirement to buy avid hardware, and some features that separated it from Vanilla. I'd be willing to bet that subscription revenues would increase! I bet you might get some brand new Avid customers as well.