View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:35 AM

Default Re: FAQ Mixed messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
is anyone going to chime in here on this?
I've been chiming in in a few other threads regularly, as a soon to be former PT HDX owner. Nice to know I can 'trade in' my old outdated hardware for the same hardware but with a new version of PT that I don't or may not want.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen bullet point A you referenced, that is probably what AVID plans on offering as a remedy for the conundrum of not being able to purchase HD software without associated hardware.
i.e. if you allow your service contract to lapse or you don't buy one, you can still get any new version in the future by 'trading in' your old system for a new one...much like the TDM to HD upgrade offer that is still going on...

If that's the case, this is getting more ludicrous by the day.

As for point B. If that's going to be the way forward, what is the new product warranty for? They USED to have a 1 year materials and workmanship warranty, and Sweetwater (where I purchased my TDM to HDX upgrade) gave me 2 years through them. So, if I were to purchase OR upgrade to new HD hardware why would I HAVE to purchase a service contract if it's already covered for the first year?

What a morass...
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.