View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 work with mac OS Sierra

I think you should try. I'm getting ready to do it now.

Pro Tools 10 was FAR more stable than the modern versions of Pro Tools.

I am surprised to see one of the moderators of the forum try to dissuade you from at least trying something that has already been proven to work here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTBhxYAhAJw&t=61s

I'm about to try it myself. Did a backup of my system last night.

Avid continues to piss everyone off with not being able to support their products with ANYTHING without people spending tens of thousands of dollars every year to work with the latest high end HD interfaces or just have to use a barely working system with a cheap third party interface that doesn't even work properly with your computer and mutes your studio monitors when you click "low latency monitoring" in an unstable Pro Tools 11/12.

As a self respecting human being, I can't do either of the above so I am about to try this. My Digi 003 is in fine condition just cannot interact with super modern versions of Pro Tools. On top of that, Avid doesn't even support my Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 13") on PT 11/12, which is a fine computer I might add which I've even upgraded to 16 gb RAM and a 1 TB SSD.

Is Avid really surprised we need to do ridiculous coding rewrites to get their better, old products working on our newer systems to just avoid having to use their new products altogether?

Wish me luck. I'm sure I'll confirm later whether or not y'all should just ditch your modern versions of Pro Tools and go back to 10.