View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:14 PM

Default "Unable to Locate Hardware" error and iLok issue

Hello all - I have Pro Tools First and can't get it to initialize for some reason. I tried to search for the answer in the troubleshoot, but then got into another issue with the iLok. Both issues are described below:

1) Pro Tools First gives me the common error of "Unable to locate hardware". Since I am not well-versed in audio softwares, I am not sure what hardware the system is referring to. I tried to plug my Lexicon Omega just to see if this is what it refers to, but the error remains. In the troubleshoot someone mentioned something re the iLok, which leads me to the second problem.

2) Upon opening the iLok manager, I saw that Pro Tools First is not activated on my computer. So, I tried to activate it by clicking the "activate" button. The system then showed me a top box with "review licenses to be activated" that gives me the only option of Pro Tools First, and a bottom box with "select a location", that gives me no options, and therefore I cannot activate.

Are these two issues related? Would appreciate any leads and assistance regarding this.

Thank you!

Shy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (28.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)