View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 AM

Default Re: The Waves Renaissance Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta Global View Post
Hello,

I have used the Waves Renaissance plugins since about 2003 and I still use these plugins till this day.

Renaissance Comp
Renaissance EQ

Started using the Renaissance Vox later than the previous 2.

I was a little ashamed to admit I still use these same old plugins since they are not the "latest and greatest". I was just watching a YouTube video and the producer was talking about still using the Renaissance Plugs after all these years so it made me wonder...

Anyone still using these on a regular basis as their go to plugins?

Tony
There still ainīt nothing wrong with these as long as you know what you are using them for.
You probably wonīt succeed trying to use them for surgical applications yet using them to
shape material in a more musical way still will work for sure. Particularly if you make sure
the particular source suits the sound character of the particular Renaissance plugs.

Still 3 years ago for example they massively used Waves Renaissance plugs (compressor,
deesser, eq and even the reverb) on the leads and backings for JTīs 20/20 Experience as
well as for Jay-Zīs tracks. They also used MCDSP Filterbank and CompressorBank even on
the leads and on other stuff which ainīt the most current plug ins as well.

However as mentioned before if you know what you are using it for and the material does
suit the character of the Renaissance plug ins those are still useable and useful indeed as
they are very musical and smooth by default and they got a beautiful vibe.

The fact that there are so many more options available out there nowadays (compared to
when the Waves Renaissance plug ins were released once) doesnīt necessarily mean they
ainīt gonna work anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by VRW; 03-20-2017 at 11:52 AM.