View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Reverb help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logichead View Post
Learn these 4 things:

Mix - the mixture of dry vs reverb, often expressed in percentage. Start with a high amount of reverb, maybe 40% as you adjust the other parameters. Once they are set, bring the mix down to have just enough reverb and no more.

Pre-delay - this is the amount of time, usually in milliseconds, that the dry signal is delayed before hitting the reverb. For a vocal, try starting with 20 ms and play around with longer times. The idea is to allow the dry sound to still be intelligible even with lots of verb.

Next, decay time. This is the length of the reverb. In the context of a song, set the decay time to enhance the rhythm of the song. Try a few approaches and consider how they make the performance feel.

Finally, eq. Cut low and high frequencies that you don't need.

This should get you started...

Best...H
Brilliant thanks. That sort of makes sense. Tonight I sort of figured out how sends work by watching a short video online but Im still a bit all over the place with it but I think I get it now. So I should be able to find those settings in the reverb in my Aux input send track and play with them. I kind of did that tonight and its already making a bit of sense.

When you say cut low and high frequencies do you mean within an equaliser or within the reverb?

God! There is so much to learn. Playing the instrument is easier than learning this stuff.