View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:58 AM

Default Re: H/W Buffer and Latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Thanks, Jack. I don't use either in standalone mode as I'm always composing and laying down tracks. I tried hosting the VST versions of both EW and Omni in both Patchwork and Reaper. No difference.
Granted what I posted I got as standalone but these same settings also are used when inside PT. That's why I didn't include the audio tab settings for Play.

I think I asked this before and I don't recall that you answered it - are you using the instrument version of Patchwork? There's three versions that get installed - standalone, the synth hosting version and one meant for fx. Blue Cat did the synth hosting version because people were having issues hosting vi's inside the original version.

BTW I can run 256 buffer with no issues but I best not make any adjustments to a plugin while the transport is running. 128 is also okay but I reliably get audio glitches if an autosave happens with the transport running.

Needless to say I've gotten good at sliding audio tracks around to compensate for the timing.

QAPLA!