View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Default Re: No Pro Tools 13 for me unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
My comment about the corporate world is pertinent. Your optimism will never be rewarded as long as Avid has a CEO and other leadership whose primary goal is raising stock value, rather than delivering a great product to their customers. And maximizing revenue instead of earning it.

The decision to outsource PT development was not in your best interest, and the decision to go to a subscription model was all about maximizing revenue. Even the failed cloud collaboration efforts were about creating another revenue stream. That was an enormous (mostly wasted) effort.

Every company wants to be profitable. But the better ones do so by offering a superior product.
I believe this shows the above to be true.

I do hope that AVID has a miraculous recovery in 2017. I believe it will take a major upheaval from the top down with product oriented protagonists driving the environment and a lot of hard work from the development team to get the product as solid as Sears... so to speak.

It appears the company has been on this (self destructive?) course for quite a while...one would think those operating the rudder and throttle would take notice...

However, I don't know what goes on behind the closed doors at AVID and feel that the free market will rule on this in time, whatever course AVID takes.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.

Last edited by ArKay99; 01-02-2017 at 01:58 PM.