View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Field-/location audio recording

What a response!! I've just been away a few days....

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. I get the feeling that a laptop system could be a trade between stability/sturdiness and flexibility. Will take a look at all those links you provided and be back. I know the Sonosax StellaDAT II well, and it's a tank. AND sounds GOOD. But one thing is for sure, I'm going filebased - no tape anymore. I've used too many ours on tapeconforming....

I try to see the situation in tough conditions...with a laptop....and a firewire interface...dust...rain. Norway got several weather types - and some of them require good clothing! No, it's not made for that yet, I believe. It's 50/50 interior/exterior locations for me (usually). So the SoundDevices 744T seems to be a good choice! Will still take a look at Metacorder and Boom Recorder sw's, as I convince myself that it will never be too cold, too hot, rain, dust or heavy handling on my outdoor location jobs in the future! Hmmmm....that phone has been dead quiet for a while now!?!