View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio in PT 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrytheo View Post
Yup. I just got hit with this, too. The only thing that's changed on my system is that I haven't booted PT up for months. Other than that, my system is absolutely identical to last time I ran PT and was able to successfully import audio. Downloading to reinstall PT now. it's been, oh, I dunno, 25 years or so, and PT remains far and away the most fragile of any audio app I use.
You haven't changed anything in your system in months? What operating system are you using? Have you turned off automatic updates if you're using Windoze? Is your operating system compatible with the PT version you're trying to run? You give zero system info which would go a LONG way to helping you. Try reading/following the 'help us to help you' link that's at the top of every forum page.

How are you trying to import audio? Via the menu item? Drag and drop from a folder? Sometimes with a combo of PT and incompatible operating systems using the import audio item from the menu will barf. You end up using drag & drop of the file.

With a properly set up system PT isn't all the fragile.

QAPLA!