View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Virtual Soundcheck on SC48 and Snapshots

It will not be Virtual Soundcheck. You would be able to play back the channels, yes, but you would need to know what exact gain values to use on your input channels so that when it is time to play back from Pro Tools you will not end up with big differences in level. Input gain has analog gain steps + digital gain. When playing back from Pro Tools, you will loose the digital gain part of the signal level, and that can be as much as 5,9db if I'm not mistaken as analog gain steps are 6db on SC48. Also, you need to see if you actually can run PT9 reliably enough for work. I seldom run FWx connection, but lately tried this with Pro Tools HD 10.2 running native/FWx32 driver and had major issues and instability. Updated laptop to PTHD 10.3.3 and it was much much better. So there might be issues with native Pro Tools, some releases are obviously better than others.

HDx and Pro Tools HD systems with Venue Profile/D-Show have been solid no matter the release, at least for me and I have done number of live DVD's and currently I'm doing live show recordings/mixing on regular basis for national TV with no issues at all.