View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 No Charge (Student/EDU) Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSams View Post
The only thing that the application manager shows me is that I have a perpetual license of Pro Tools. There's no button to update and it doesn't say 12.1 (even though that's what I have installed). All the other tabs are empty. On the avid website it shows I have Pro Tools Academic 12.1 as well as 9/10/11 and there is nothing under the products not yet downloaded. For the record my 4 years runs out at the end of September and I'm not entirely clear if that means I have until the end of the year or the end of my 4 years to get on the support/update plan.
Not sure than about App Manager. Mine showed 12.1 as installed with the word 'update' to the right of it. Clicked on that and 12.2 downloaded.

There is a distinction I believe between a 'student' and an 'academic' license, though I'm no expert on that. I thought the academic licenses were for faculties, teachers and the like, maybe that's why yours is different?

If your four years runs our at the end of September this year (2015) all that means is that you wouldn't be entitled to any more student priced discounts after that date.

You've still got until the end of 2015 to decide whether you want to sign up to an upgrade plan or upgrade + support plan.
Pro Tools 2018, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)