View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Session Audio files disappeared. Looking for backup software recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Thanks all for the advice.

@Darryl: This is a very strange situation. I generally record my stuff on my internal 1TB SSD and I keep copies on external drives. There is no other place than the directory structure for the files to have gone. Its odd almost like they were deleted and I have had a few hangs where i had to restart but this is odd. It could be file system corruption but that should smoke all the audio files. Its super weird. I am still looking at this and its possible I inadvertently did something but I don't think so. It was a session I saved and then moved on to a new one. That said its not end of world but its a bummer because its the first rendition of a new song and I like to go back and reference what I did during the original composition.

In the case of the other session I could see the clips but it was like they un-linked. When I restarted the files were there but not completely. Totally inconsistent but only in a few sessions. Maybe the session is corrupting. If you recall I had that issue many months ago you commented on with inputs being unavailable and it was only in that specific session. Who knows maybe another avid feature. :)

As for the carbon copy program, I agree that may not be the exact solution but its worth looking at so I am going to install the demo and check it out. I am more interested in features like they have in windows to backup certain directories to an external drive as opposed to cloning a drive. Time machine can work but I dont like how it does this and while I have recovered files in the past, I would rather have the simple point and restore. I do have an external RAID5 TB2 enclosure to store stuff in addition to my Time Machine drive. I just got complacent I think. I keep my mac running 24x7 so something that automatically will backup my session directories only is really what I want. I am not afraid to wipe and rebuild as being an IT guy I believe this is good to do from time to time as systems get slow.

Thanks all for taking the time to give me input. I will check all options listed.
You don't have to clone a whole drive with CCC. You just need to read the manual

QAPLA!