View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 12:19 PM

Default Re: S1 knob always writing

Hey Eddie,

I have an S1 that is doing the same thing on the 4th pan knob. I bought the unit secondhand through Reverb and while the unit is in great condition unfortunately the 4th knob is flickering and being a total pain.

I've been a loyal customer of Avid for over 20 years and subscribe to the Ultimate Pro Tools subscription package. I was absolutely shocked when I reached out to Avid today for a repair estimate and they quoted me at $893.30 plus shipping and handling to fix one knob! You've got to be kidding me. I mind as well buy a whole new unit for that price.

This is so infuriating that a company who makes an inferior product won't stand behind their gear. It's not like it's a few of them here and there, it seems like a consistent problem throughout the early batches of S1s. I'm just in shock right now. Yes, I'm obviously pissed that I bought the unit secondhand and understand the warranty piece but where is Avid's loyalty to the end user. This is their faulty product. It's like when a car has a recall because there's something wrong with it and it gets fixed free of charge. What a disappointing company.

Pete