View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:11 PM

Default Re: CPU spikes? NO! ***sigh*** yes.

I've had at least two times when all started working well after uninstalling ASIO4ALL.

So, one thing that never, ever fixed anything for me until a couple months ago is that Trasher app for Windows. The link is located around here somewhere. The only thing I need to do after booting up is open the app, click the, "Plugins Database" checkbox and click the "Trash Files/Folders Ticked Above".

After that, I open PT, which will take forever this first time, and then everything is fine and dandy. Oh, I do retart PT again because the system usage looks like it's using something like 25% of the memory. Not sure if that's a problem or not, but reopening PT gets it back to normal.

So, that is all well and good until the next day. I haver to repeat the process. Sometimes I can go a few days, but normally I have to do it daily.

Two things trumps this. If Windows, fir whatever reason, wants to run a security definition update, it will bitch and spike. Simple fix. I enable the internet connectivity and run Windows Update. I normally have to do this on Mondays or Sunday Nights.

And fwiw, realtek had an update recently on my laptop. Don't know about my music machine. I will look tomorrow.