View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Default Re: No sound PT 8.0 - Windows 7 64 bit - Mbox Pro firewire. Are we fools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syo66 View Post
Well Nexus, if you are right that it isn't buggy at all I would be amazed (but certainly happy to hear it). I've been using Windows since 2.1 and every promise of stability since then has been less than impressive.
As for compatibility, that is a two-way street, between 7 and individual developers. If you do a search of driver issues with Windows 7 you will find that it is not "fully" compatibile. Also, in my experience, the longer an OS is out there, the more issues seem to arise. Still by all accounts, Windows 7 seems to be a considerable improvement over Vista.

As for the original point of ProTools compatibility, I hope it comes sooner than later but I'm not ready to blame anyone just yet. Ironically, while I hate Vista generally, Protools actually actually runs better on it for me than it did with XP (an OS I certainly prefer). Go figure...
Yeah, I definitely agree that Windows 7 couldn't possibly be bug free. No OS is, but since it is built off of Windows Vista, and is an improvement over Vista, I can't see it being very buggy. You are most certainly right about compatibility, but being that Windows 7 is the star of this OS generation, I'm sure every developer on the planet is working overtime to get their drivers to work on Windows 7 sooner rather than later.