View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Install Pro Tools 11 trial and Pro Tools First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioninjachick View Post
Thanks Daryl, advice much appreciated. I will try that Sweetwater thing.

Quite honestly if the 'World-and-his-Wife' weren't using ProTools I wouldn't go within 100 miles of the damn programme. Its clunky and so far I hate it. The audio pros I know who've worked for BBC call it 'Slow Tools' - now I've tried to use it, I can see why!

Cheers,
Audioninjachick
Ah. I think you should give it time. All of us can list many thing wrong with Pro Tools or like to complain about Avid. But the software is really quite nice, especially for audio tracking and mixing. It has more competition in the composing and virtual instruments space. Since mid way though Pro Tools 12 Avid seems to be doing better than they have with issues, there were lots of issues caused by the disruptive changes to plugin formats and going 64-bit in Pro Tools 11.

Pro Tools has always been demanding and fussy about systems specs and being properly set up. Be sure to follow the Pro Tools Installation Guide (yes it's own separate install manual... findable online with Google) when installing Pro Tools and to carefully do all the optimization steps documented there.

Be careful that if you are after "world and wife" compatibility that is usually done via Pro Tools sessions (not online projects) and Pro Tools First does not support sessions, just online projects.