View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Problem with trying to Purchase products

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioninjachick View Post
I am new to this. I cannot find out how to post a new thread.
The layout of this website completely confuses me.

I want to find out if I can load a trial version of Pro Tools 11, while running the ProTools First that I already have. How do I do that? Thank you.
Why do you want Pro Tools 11? It's very old. Avid should have removed that old free trial. It makes no sense to still have it lying around.

Current Pro Tools 2018.1 (with new year naming) is kinda Pro Tools 13.

You can rent Pro Tools 2018.1 monthly to try it out, there is no free trial.... except that won't help you with Avid store credit card problems... one solution to that is go to Sweetwater.com and purchase a monthly Pro Tools subscription (which will get you a license for 2018.1). Their store won't have the same problem and they have live support folks to talk or email with for free. The Avid Store has had this same problem in the past with credit cards more unusual territories, I'm sure Avid will fix it for you if you can wait.

You need to work out if any of this software is compatible with your current computer, especially the OS version. Up the top of this and every DUC web page under the Additional Resources link are product compatibility matricies and release notes for 2018.1. (or just google for those). You need to read those carefully and work out if what you have is compatible or not.

And.. if you are using Pro Tools First Cloud for collaboration, Pro Tools 11 does not provide that feature, and cannot open Pro Tools First online projects.