View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 07:30 PM
Avid

Default Re: What Happened To 2019.2 ?

Unfortunately, Pro Tools has been delayed again due to some issues out of our control. The EUCON release was finished, but as it has some extensive work in Pro Tools for a couple of the features I can't let it out. It would cause a lot of confusion and breakages with older versions.
I'm going to use this time(weeks not months) to fix some more bugs and improve performance, particularly with S6. I have also made sure that this will still appear in users Avid accounts that were in support at the beginning of 2018 (even if their support has now run out). I have also reduced the cost of the S6 software support renewals by 30%, this will go into effect in early April. We have at least 2 more EUCON releases planned this year.
If anyone can't wait I have a couple of spots on the S6 beta team. You would have to be willing to load beta software (although it's usually as stable as the release) and be active in providing helpful feedback. Please message me with your details, type of work you do and why you think you would be suitable.
Once again I'm sorry about this, but we will get there. Eddie