View Single Post
Old 11-08-2000, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Scrub Wheel - but seriously !

You wrote:
>1) You can tab backwards by using option-tab

This will only give me access to region bounds. I wanted to jump around using markers. In reality, we don't use this feature a LOT, but it should have been included. Perhaps it'll be in PT 5.1.

>2) You can shift audio within a region (to >value specified in "nudge") by highlighting >region, then nudging forward or backward >with control key pressed

Thanks. I wasn't told about this, so yeah, this is very nice. I like shifting ambiences that way if the start or end doesn't fit well.

>3) I never use the scrub wheel anyway, I >just use the Selector Tool with control key >held down, which turns the selector into a >scrubber

Shure, it's a start. Today we used an optical sensor mouse(Logitech Wheelmouse). The programable right hand mouse button to act as CTRL+click is a big help in dropping stuff. A lot of helpful features became aparent on the last day of our system intro, so I'm quite happy with PT for now, though I'll steadily nail stuff in to Digidesigns memory as often as it takes.

The new 5.1 version should be very interesting. We're waiting for support for UNITY too, which is in the making and almost done I hear.

In the meanwhile, DIGIDESIGN, where's simple cursor movement via the scrubwheel on the PC ??? Will it come in 5.1 ? Is it in the works at all ? Has anyone taken a look at AUGARN systems, to see what they've offered for almost ten years now ? I want that. If it's hard, then I'm sorry to say, that's your problem, 'cause you are the engineers for this thing. I wish you speed and bugless dev cycles.

Take care
Tony
Pearson TV/Grundy Europe