View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:17 PM

Default XLR Cable Replacement

Good evening, I have a xlr cable that I purchased about 4 years ago, which was the last time I used it and its never been damaged. My input/busses appear to be working fine, I don't think that's issue. I noticed that I have to tap on my microphone(hard taps) in order for the meter to move and in order to record. I can just barely heard the recording of the taps. I tried 2 microphones and had the same results. I remember my microphones being very sensitive to sound in the past. I don't mean to sound cheap. If I need to buy another cable then I'll do so. It just seems odd that barely used xlr cable is the issue. I googled and researched on this all day and I couldn't find a solution. I do have a strange feeling that the issue may be something else. I removed both male and female ends of the cable and everything is in tact and no wire damage whatsoever. I used the cable and the microphones when I used pt 10. I just upgraded to pt 11 after doing a clean uninstall to pt 10. I installed the correct and up to date drivers on my interface as well, I don't think its an issue with the interface. What to do you guys think the issue is here?

Mac mini 2012
Yosemite 10.10.5
PT11
M Box pro 3