View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 06:24 PM

Default Re: subscription renewal doubled in price

Obviously the subscription model won't help, but these days only the most demanding users benefit from buying extra DSP hardware. With track freeze and current CPU's, a large number of users have no need to add extra DSP, or will do so using UAD, etc. Given that the Avid DSP strictly uses proprietary AAX-DSP plugins, with a limited number available, that business model will be less and less profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
I just contacted two professional studios in Orlando FL to mix one of my tracks. These are the two best studios in the city. One of the studios uses PT12 and the other studio uses Cubase. Neither studio pays a subscription. Although Avid won't admit it, (my opinion) I think they've failed with the subscription model. They need to go back to the old way of doing business if they ever want to get people back on their ecosystem. Just wait till they drop all new hardware. How many people are going to buy their new Omni, I/O, HDX replacement while having to pay for their subscription? I think Avid will be seeing interesting financial times in a couple of years, if not already.