Thread: Side Chains!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Side Chains!

Quote:
I think what Transducer was trying to explain was two seperate ways of sending a sognal to your sidechain whilst keeping your initial signal intact

QUOTE--1. How do I create a pre-fader aux send on the kick's channel? (Do you mean, I should create a new aux track?)

A>>just clik on your sends section(if this is not visible then go to the Display(i think, maybe windows) drop down menu and clik on your sends(AUX) to be visible. then send your aux to the input on your siechain(ie BUS1), bring the fader up and then click on the pre box.

QUOTE--2. Why is it nessecary to hold down the 'Control' key while selecting that bus? (I did, but I noticed no effect on selecting the bus.)

A>>I believe he was referring to the second method for sending an AUX(which i was previously unaware of(Q)Transducer, is this send prefader?) where you clik on the actual output, not the AUX sends.

Jus tryin to help.

LUD
Hi!

on the first point, you're absolutely right. basically you just set up an aux send on the channel fader you want to key from, just like you would if you were sending to a reverb or delay, then hit the "P" or "Pre" button (depending on what view of the aux send you're looking at)...essentially your aux is set up as it would be if you were creating a headphone mix...then send that aux into your side-chain. easy.

as far as Ctrl clicking in the output window of the channel you want to key from, this should allow you to select more than one destination for that channel fader. i.e. your stereo buss *and* your side-chain. the output display for that channel should display an asterisk to indicate that it's outputting to more than one destination.

this type of routing would give you a post-fader send. it would be delivering the same signal to your side-chain as it is your stereo-buss and any other destination you add. this is a useful function for many different types of situations.

hope this helps!

take care!