View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 05:50 PM

Default Midi Troubles, cannot hear MIDI track

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Pro Tools and I so far have managed to surpass quite a few hurdles by just watching multiple videos and doing Google searches. Now that my first song project in this program is almost complete, I turn my program on and for the life of me, I cannot get the midi information to play. 

Here is what I’m working with:
  • iMac, 27” desktop computer (2019) macOS Catalina
  • Pro Tools Version 2020.5
  • Kontakt Player 6 / Native Instruments
  • Yamaha PSR-EW300 Keyboard

Here are the things that I’ve already checked and didn’t work:
  • The track with the midi is NOT muted
  • The track with the midi is not a part of a group of instrument(s) that is muted
  • The track volume is not turned down
  • The instrument that I am trying to play through Kontakt 6 is a grand piano. When I click onto the keys shown at the bottom of the program, I can hear the piano notes.
  • There in only one instrument using at it is set to: Output st. 1, Midi Ch: (A) 1. (Which seemed to work just fine when I initially played it onto the track.
  • The mix channel in the Pro Tools, Mixer window displays my Instrument track as “Kontakt, MIDI in Channel 1. (Output is 1-2).
  • The track voice selector is “dyn”

I’ve watched 4 videos now for people who have had trouble getting midi to play through Pro Tools and none of them have helped. Someone please tell me what I’m missing.