View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Carbon plugins - what companies work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoxSt7 View Post
Sydney's awesome - but a broadcast studio, not so much for tracking. I'm not saying Avid stuff's not clear. Part of the reason I feel UA is more suited to tracking is their development is more aimed at emulations of pieces that have specific colors/character/tone.

I was wrong to compare UA's library to Avid's which hasn't been developed in years (key parts of it anyway). The real question is what all's available in AAX-DSP. To me, it's still a bit limited and I prefer to have UA (which has lots of Softube/Brainworx/SPL etc included) + be able to use all the other stuff natively. But just my opinion, I'll not waste any more time here. Thanks for the list provided earlier.
My pleasure.

The studio at SOH ain't like any broadcast studio I have ever seen. It is tied into most of the venues in the building. There is no doubt UAD stuff is popular, but I don't know many engineers that would preference using an Apollo over an opportunity to track a band straight from the concert hall in a control room kitted out with some of the highest quality equipment going around, including $100k in ATC monitoring. If UAD is your sonic nirvana, more power to you good sir.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.