View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Updating Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
We could do with a LOT more info like:
What are you doing when PT crashes?
Any wireless stuff going on like internet, etc?
What error message are coming up (if any)?

Try moving all third party plugins to the unused plugins folder and see if you still get crashes.

Getting back on a support/upgrade plan might help but we don't know for sure. Keep in mind that with recent changes on Avid's part reinstatement to a permanent license goes away as of the end of this year. You could reinstate to a subscription that's either yearly or monthly but if you let the payment lapse your PT will no longer work. Current reinstatement to a permanent license is $299 US. That gets you a license asset for PT10/11/12/2019.
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it! I have not followed developments with Avid, so very new to this.

I will try to find out information to your questions and respond.

In regards to the support/ upgrade plan, you mentioned changes on Avid's part-
'reinstatement to a permanent license goes away as of the end of this year'.

What does this mean? Are all permanent licenses (my permanent education license) not honored and they want users to move to yearly subscriptions at cost, Or do I need to 'reinstate' (what do you mean by reinstate) my perpetual education license?

Also, if I do reinstate to a yearly subscription license am I moving out of 12.1.0 to newer versions, and then will I have to upgrade OS X, computer and other software?

Thank you for your help, appreciate it.