View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 06:47 PM

Default Re: AAE -9173 Issues

I signed up for DUC specifically to post on this issue. I have all these same exact problems in both Pro Tools 10 and 11. I have tried every suggested "fix", and put up with reading all the ridiculous posts from the people who think they know everything about what me and others with the same problem are doing "wrong". My system is more than tough enough to handle the sessions it is crashing on. I've removed the plugins from their folder, replaced them, unplugged all peripherals, tried aggregates, built-in audio and interfaces, uninstalled, re-installed both os and PT, trashed the preferences…..not to mention the likelihood that all my neighbors are now terrified of me from the rampant screaming and swearing incessantly pouring from my home. There seems to be absolutely no answer to fix the problem. It seems clearly to be a bug, and the program is close to unusable. Bounce to disk in real time? forget it. So the question is very quickly becoming not "when will this problem be addressed", but what other DAW should I transition to. I really prefer Pro Tools and have been working with it since version 5, but man, this is not looking good.