View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:38 PM

Default Re: WORST new install experience EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMF Media View Post
Seriously, trash the prefs, weird shyte can happen right at the get go - I speak from experience Also, if your system drive is a spinner rather than an SSD, defray it, PT HATES a fragmented system drive.
Trashed prefs. No change. Reinstalled PT. No change. Obviously something in my particular system is upsetting Pro Tools, but since I have never before encountered an app that required expert intervention just to get it to work AT ALL, I have no idea where to begin. Which is where this goes from frustrating to comical.

It costs $100 to get Avid to answer the phone. I'm trying to assess the suitability of a product they want me to buy, it isn't working, and instead of trying to fix it so I'll buy from them, they want to BILL me before they'll even talk to me!

I feel like I've gone to my usual dealer to test drive a new truck for my business and it won't start. Instead of helping me in the hope that I'll buy another truck, the dealer tells me I have to book and pay for a service appointment. Unbelievable.

This is NOT making me feel warm and fuzzy about Avid.