View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 04:53 AM

Default License disappeared

Dear Jeffro,
In my studio I run PT Ultimate, just renewed for 2019, and I also have an institutional license because I manage five PT workstations at a school, which I also renewed for 2019.
I am on the road right now, where my job is to edit several audio files. For my traveling I have used a Windows 10 laptop with Pro Tools 11.3.2 installed connected to an ilok with a perpetual license which I didn't renew for 2017.
For the past two years everything was working without any problems, even this Monday and Tuesday. Today, I downloaded RX Elements (which I needed to clean up a file) and updated my Ilok manager software and suddenly Protools didn't find any authorization anymore and couldn't start.
I was desperate to finish a part of a job and so I downloaded the renewed institutional license on to my ilok. Still not working. So I moved it back to the ilok cloud.
I called Customer support and they said moving the institutional license to my ilok surrendered my previous license for 11.3.2 - although in my perception the license was somehow no longer there before (maybe the update of the ilok manager caused problems?).
So how do I get my old perpetual license back? The customer rep said I needed to purchase a new PT license??? Which is a bit outrageous in my books. But she couldn't help me further. At least she send me a temporary license to be able to finish my work for the rest of the week. I am grateful for that!!! Case number: 03611123
But is there really no way that I get my license back, which I paid for in the past?
By the way, the RX Elements ilok assets, which I moved there, are not recognized as well. Although the temporary PT license has been recognized.

I have been with PT since 6.9.
Thanks for any help.
Thomas