View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Faders fighting back

Guys,

Forget all your attempts with firmware etc... After 2 years of fighting faders on 3 Dcommands, in different studios and 1 of them even in a different building. We tried every thing you can mention, (including licking Fingers!!!!) even had the faders removed and cleaned. Still they would not function correctly.
Finally we were given the faders from the new ES Icon range and low and behold.........3 working Dcommands.
I posted rants about this over the past 2 years and was close to giving up before this remedy was recommended. It all makes sense when you analyse it, there is not THAT much of a difference between the "OLD" icon range and the "New" ES range is there? New colour, few extra functions, but enough changes to release a new range??????? Its because there is a fault with the faders!!!!!!! Its soooo obvious. And getting these new faders has only proven this. What gets me is, think about how much money our company has invested in putting 3 HD systems in.... and it took 2 years and our own wit to resolve this. Digidesign did nothing!!!!!!!!!
Very negative post i am afraid, but i feel for other people with this problem as it has driven me away from my Pro Tools happy place. You start to look a fool in front of very high paying clients when you cannot control you levels and Digi seem to forget this. I am just lucky that i am in a company that can afford to get this fixed under the very expensive warranty scheme
(hmmmmmmm dodgy equipment and warranty suddenly released!!!!)
smaller studios have no chance.

Rant over