View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 8 LE unable to receive midi

Anyone figure this out??

I have the same problem - except on windows 7 with protools le 8.0.5 - everything was working fine until about a month ago - Now I can't get midi via the 003 or an mbox2.

What's drives me nuts is that I can send midi to internal synths perfectly fine and I installed Reaper to test the midi input of both the 003 and mbox2 and it works perfectly as well. The only thing on the entire system that doesn't work is using any midi input into protools. I've tried mulitple controllers, including a Yamaha P-250 connected via the midi in on both digi audio interfaces and via it's own USB connection. No luck.

I've been a protools user for over 10 years and have never encountered this before. It's definately not a MIDI thru/input device/etc. incorrect setting as I have completely unistalled and re-installed protools to try and resolve the problem...

The only thing that did change was that I installed Sibelius 7 on the same machine - it may be after that install that the MIDI input stopped working - it was working within Sibelius however - even when it wasn't working in protools. I've tried uninstalling Sibelius with no luck...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe