View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Avid hd native thunderbolt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by louderock View Post
Ugh. In the process of upgrading to PT 2019.12 from PT 10 HD Native. My system has been rock solid for 5 years and I've never had a reason to be on this forum for anything. I have the standard version of 2019 and it's not seeing my HD Omni. I don't see the DigiLink license but based on what I'm reading here, it won't matter without having PT Ultimate? That seems kinda ridiculous that my interface would be dead in the water.

iTunes plays through the interface just fine so the driver is current. I partitioned my drive and still have 10 running on the other side. Am I going to have to switch to 10 every time I want to use my interface?
That is correct. If you want to use Protools Thunderbolt/HD interfaces, it will only work with Protools Ultimate. It will work with other software as a standard Core Audio interface, as you have discovered, but it requires Ultimate to work with Protools.

This has always been the case with HD interfaces and systems, and is nothing new.

You may want to consider buying one of the still available (at Sweetwater) Protools Ultimate Reinstatement plans. That will upgrade you to Protools Ultimate while allowing you to keep your license for HD10. At least I'm pretty sure. Contact Sweetwater for more info.