View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Will this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hold on a minute First off, you're over-complicating things a bit. Just call up a STEREO INSTRUMENT track and insert your EZdrummer plugin on this track(top slot) and enable record on the track. That should allow the kit to trigger the sounds.

Check the manual to see if the plugin offers a midi mapping selection(which would likely include Roland, Alesis and Yamaha mappings). If it doesn't, navigate the Yamaha Drum module's edit functions and find how you assign specific notes to pads(AFAIK, every drum module allows for this). Once you figure out how to change midi note values on the Yamaha module, you just need to scroll thru until your trigger "plays" the desired sound.

More info: an INSTRUMENT track(in Pro Tools) combines features of a MIDI track, AND an AUX track and is exactly what you want for this stage of the game. Later on, when you get more fluent in midi, then you may have reasons to add tracks(such as midi tracks to add triggering for other sounds beyond what your trigger pads now cover. Audio tracks to you can print(record) your midi drums(EZdrummer) sounds to individual audio tracks, or AUX tracks so you can split the EZdrummer sounds out to separate tracks, like Kick on its own track, snare on its own track, etc. That allows you to mix the plugin drums just as you might mix an acoustic drumset.
Alright, if what you're saying is true it would be amazing.

So I found the manual for my set here:
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset...asset_id=10834

Could you take a glance at it to see if it's possible to do what you say?
I tried to change the sounds on the pads but it didn't change anything in PT.

I did what you said but I can't hear EZdrums that way:

Last edited by Djefvul; 11-14-2016 at 03:32 PM.