View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Looks like at least 2019 before new Mac Pro

Thanks for the replies gentlemen
After 300 views and no replies I was wondering ? interesting that over on The Acoustic Guitar Forum the samep post got 10 replies right away.

JFreak ....While no doubt the trashcan does and would continue to serve many users needs just fine as is , especially with TB PCIe options. But Apple themselves is said( in the linked article), to have stated they had "Painted themselves into a corner" (whatever that means) and I think Apple realized that the were loosing potential sales to PC and Hackintosh's ....... Plus one glaring problem was unlike the cheesegrater tower, was not having the ability to grow, expand, and change the internal components after the initial purchase, in order to accomodate expanding needs after the fact (such as growing the scope of usage for business or personal )

In any case it will be interesting to see what they come up with . With the new
"Modular Mac Pro"

SDDP yes the 6 core Westmere is a 5.1, and the Apple factory installed video card. The only thing I changed was the boot drive to PCIe SSD

And so far even though Avid states mid 2012 6 core Westmere my Mid 2010 works fine but I have not upgraded to "Ultimate" yet

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 04-19-2018 at 09:15 AM.